If you would like to pay by check. Please make checks payable to:
Tolbert for City Council 2012
P.O. Box 3328
Oakland, CA 94609
- Oakland campaign finance laws limit contributions to $700 per person per election cycle—couples may give $1,400 per election cycle but each spouse must write a separate check for no more than $700.
- For any dontation, please include your occupation and employer for proper campaign finance reporting.
- If donating with a credit card, it must be a personal credit card – not a business credit card.
- You may not legally contribute if you are a foreign national without permanent residence in the United States.
- The Oakland Campaign Reform Act limits campaign contributions by all persons (OMC Sec 3.12.050 and 3.12.060) and prohibits contributions during specified time periods from contractors doing business with the City of Oakland, the Oakland Redevelopment Agency or the Oakland Unified School District (OMC Sec 3.12.140, paragraphs A., B., and C.)